Monday, November 12, 2012

It Helped...

My Mum wrote this down for me, from a book she found at a friends place...she kind of just left it in a bag for me and I guess hoped I would read it someday and find strength through the words...

It's been a few years now, the piece of paper lay folded in my wallet and from time to time I'd open it up and re-read. Only today when I opened it and as the words entered my mind, I realised I didn't need to keep this 'treasure' close to me anymore...I may not ever be all the way healed, but I feel stronger then I have in years.

So I'm passing these wise words, my Mum silently gave me onto someone else, so maybe they can find understanding, hope, or even, like me...strength through them.


"I had been on my own for almost a year, but really hadn't gotten on with my life. I'd just drifted in some sort of limbo. Someone is out of my life and all the wasted emotion was swept away like smoke from a cigarette. Watching the seagulls, as I'd done so many times before I realised that life was pretty much the same. We're caught in currents that take us where they will. If you try to stand still, a wave of change will sweep over you and drive you forwards or backwards. Either way it will move you. The only way to keep your balance and gain a bit of control is to keep moving. Pick a target and pull towards it with all your might. But even when you gain your goal, it quickly moves away from you and you need a new sighting, a new star to make for. It is time for me to find my own star and pull towards it"

Thank you Mum! xxx