Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I just found this unpublished blog post from Paris...

I had one of the best days of my life today! Wandering around Paris between the rain and sunshine! After a lazy start to my morning, I didn't leave the apartment till about 10:30am! A quick stop at my patisserie (yes eating at a place every morning of the week, means I can call it 'my') for a pain au chocolat, I wandered up the rue de commerce towards the train station! I tend to like catch the train from La Motte-Picque-Grenelle, rather then the Commerce as I like to take in the mornings going on's of the local stores and patisseries!



I was off for my forth attempt to visit the Cartacombes! No success I arrived to find that they were closed today due to the emense rain they had received overnight! They were closed the other three times due to a famous person wanting a personal visit! Yes! Being ME and being called Katie Price in Paris doesn't make you famous enough!

I was determined not to be disheartened or let it ruin my day and simply jumped on the metro back up to the Arc De Troimphe for another strool down the Champs Elysese. With a purpose though! I had Lourve tickets to collect from the Virgin Megastore! Got em! Now some more walking and dodging puddles as I continued my stroll through the Jardin Des Tuileries! Hey wait didn't I just see this monument! (It's the baby Arc De Troimphe!)



Some mandatory pictures in front of the Musee De Louvre's Glass Pyramid! Then inside to see Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa, and Michelangelo's Psyche and Cupid.



I found lots of love as I wandered through the America's, Afriqua's, Oceania's sculptures! Truly inspired collections!

I'm not going to lie! My feet were for the first time in months aching from too much walking (on cobblestones)! It was time for some lunch and to put my legs up! Luckily the sun was shinning at this exact time, so perfect to grab a baguette and some tea and sit outside in the gardens of the Louvre!



I walked along the rivers edge looking through the endless stalls of old books and souvenirs! I stumbled upon an artist called Miguel painting! Well he was actually smearing is bagel when we met, but he informed me it was 1pm and his first break of the day! Through the language barrier I was able to understand his appreciation for the theatre district, his wife had died suddenly of cancer 5 years ago! Now he sits and paints most days along the river and watches as all the people in love walk by! He's still very much in love too! He was at the steps of the Pont Des Arts bridge which is now most famously know for being the Love Lock bridge of Paris, where couple after couple stroll onto the bridge to place a padlock on the railing of the bridge with the date and their initials, make a wish, kiss and then throw the keys into the river!


I decided then to head towards Maris and Canal St Martin arrondismont and emerse myself in the shops, architecture and daily life of another Paris world. But...

This didn't quiet happen. Got a little lost and wound up in Les Halles/Chatelet. This is when my day really began! It had been overcast most of the morning, but as I turned a corner, it was like the clouds parted and the sun shone down. I had found Paris's 'Harlem'. Tupac, 50cent, Jay Z pumping through the stereos of the stores! And stores there were! Fitted Hats, Sneakers, hoochie dresses, bling jewelry, weed stores, tattoo parlors, and the food! Parisian food infused with Down South American! Fried Chicken with Potato Gratin, cheeses with cornbread! This was the first time in France that the word parfait (perfect) came into my vocab, because this place was truly parfait to me!



Now those who know me, know I have respect for the black community! Not in some white girl, hoochie mama, hoe kinda way! But being amongst the atmosphere of 'almost' street parties, with the music to grind too, slang talk, the most fashionable of street fashion, and the guys showing their ladies their worth! I found my kindred spirit and this place reconnected me to that world and everything I thought I'd lost.



The rest of my day in this parfait place ill forever have in my mind...Flashbacks of Hennessy, tattoos, smoking, clubbing, black french boys and girls, and eating delicious food...

Perfect reasons to go back again tomorrow...